Commercial Opportunities of the Universities of Glasgow resp. Strathclyde
PharmaLinks brings together the scientific and clinical expertise of the University of Glasgow and the University of Strathclyde, providing industry with a wealth of new ideas for therapeutic targets, drug candidates and drug delivery.
Within the Universities of Glasgow and Strathclyde, there are over 1000 researchers in the biomedical field. There are particular strengths in:
- molecular and cellular biosciences
- eraly stage compounds (inflammation, cancer, AD, infection)
- taylored drug discovery programmes
- enabling technologies incl. novel animal models
- synthetic and medicinal chemistry
- formulation and drug delivery
- drug discovery incl. synthetic and medicinal chemistry
- clinical medicine.
PharmaLinks provides opportunities for commercial developments in drug discovery and development. These include patented proprietary compounds, collaborative drug discovery programmes, and enabling technologies and expertise.
Their business model is flexible, and each programme can be specifically tailored, giving access as necessary to stand-alone technology or to a multidisciplinary team with expertise in molecular pharmacology, in vitro and in vivo functional studies, and clinical experience. In addition, the management team within PharmaLinks has extensive experience of managing major projects and will ensure that results are delivered on time and within budget.