Patent Commercialization Agency of the Berlin Universities
The ipal GmbH (innovations, patents, licences) is financed by the Berlin universities Free University, Humboldt University, Technical University, FHTW and TFH as well as the Investitionsbank Berlin (IBB).
The patent commercialization agency assesses and markets the inventions of university scientists and academics on an exclusive basis.
Based on cooperation agreements, the ipal GmbH also works exclusively in the area of Life Sciences and Physics & Engineering for
- Charité-Universitätsmedizin (University Medicine)
- Robert Koch Institute
- Deutsches Herzzentrum (German Heart Institute)
- Bundesanstalt für Materialprüfung (BAM - Federal Institute for Materials Research and Testing)
- the Zuse Institute as well as the
- Paul Ehrlich Institute, Langen and
- the International University Bremen
and will provide all of the necessary services - from the assessment of patentable technologies to a comprehensive patent protection in cooperation with renowned patent law firms all the way to the evaluation of sales returns potentials on the market and successful commercialisation through the use of licensing agreements.
Online they offer a searchable database of offers in the fields of
- Life Science
- Medical Devices
- Pharma and Biotech
- Physics and Engineering
- Chemistry and Environment
- Optics and Semiconductors
- Machine and Plant Technologies
- ICT and Software