Patent Commercialization Agency of the State of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania Universities
PVA Mecklenburg-Vorpommern AG
The Patent Commercialization Agency - Mecklenburg-Vorpommern AG (PVA-MV), a privately managed and profit-oriented company, is exclusively responsible for the screening, patenting and commercialisation of research results stemming from the universities and research institutes in the state of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania.
The PVA-MV network consist of the following research institutions:
- Ernst-Moritz-Arndt-University of Greifswald
- University of Rostock
- University of Applied Sciences Stralsund
- University of Applied Sciences Neubrandenburg
- University of Technology, Business and Design Wismar
- Research Institute for the Biology of Farm Animals
- Fraunhofer Institute for Computer Graphics
- Institute for Low Temperature Plasma Physics
- Leibnitz Institute for Organic Catalysis Research
The PVA-MV-network with its nine partners encompasses a total of 3.000 scientists working in innovative fields of research. It is the aim of the PVA-MV, together with these partners, to implement an economic sustainable commercialisation process in order to generate returns from research. The commercialisation strategy comprises a broad spectrum of options, ranging from co-operation with the industry in terms of research and development to patenting and out-licensing, to also include the creation of start-ups and spin-offs and the funding thereof, either own, through an established science trust, or from a third-party.