Areas of interest at UCB
UCB business development
UCB is a global biopharmaceutical leader based on a unique blend on innovation, entrepreneurship and proven experience.
As reflected in our product development pipeline UCB is driven by a passionate desire to liberate families living with severe diseases so that they can enjoy normal, everyday lives.
Our strategy is to focus on severe diseases treated by specialists, covering three main therapeutic areas:
- central nervous system,
- inflammatory disease (including auto immune disease and allergy)
- and oncology.
Key features of our R&D organisation include:
- A dual pipeline approach to Research and Development encompassing both New Chemical Entities (NCEs) and New Biological Entities (NBEs), allowing us to address disease treatment through a range of targets and disease pathways.
- A global R&D organisation of 1,700 staff, with major research sites in Braine l'Alleud, Belgium; Cambridge and Slough in the UK; and development teams based in Atlanta, Braine l'Alleud, Slough and Tokyo.
- World-class scientists harnessing leading and in many cases unique technology platforms.
- A track record of success through working in partnership with academia and other leading drug discovery organisations.
UCB R&D actively seeks further partnerships through which it can apply its expertise (particularly in antibody-based drug discovery and development) in order to optimise the delivery of innovative new medicines to the market.
UCB has a strong track record of working with partners to complement our in-house skills and technology-base; to enhance both our antibody and chemistry based product potential. Partnerships range from research collaborations with universities and academic institutions to joint discovery, development and commercialisation agreements with a wide range of small to large companies.
Our highly flexible approach to agreement design means that we have established a large number of partnerships and have a team focussed on their management.
With the UCB Antibody Centre of Excellence we are a comprehensive partner for the Discovery, Development and Commercialisation of antibody therapeutics.
UCB is seeking to expand its pipeline and product portfolio with innovative products that will treat patients suffering from severe diseases. Our main areas of interest include: central nervous system (CNS), inflammation and oncology, other areas.
- movement disorders
- multiple sclerosis(MS)
- rheumatoid arthritis (RA)
- inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD)
- Crohn's disease (CD)
- systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)
- solid tumours