Bayer Healthcare is looking for oncology, gynecological, CV mouse models e.g. in inflammatory pain, interferon type 1
Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals
From world-renowned pharmaceutical products to high-tech platforms, from innovative diagnostics technologies to veterinary medicines – Bayer HealthCare is a globally researching healthcare company and develops products of the divisions Animal Health, Pharmaceuticals, Consumer Care and Diabetes Care.
Drug discovery in the Pharmaceuticals segment is concentrated in the areas of cardiology and oncology, along with gynecological treatments, hematology and diagnostic imaging. Other areas of focus are inflammatory processes and ophthalmology. In addition, we are strengthening our established products through lifecycle management, an example being the development of innovative administration forms for contraceptives.
Animal models (transgenic, syngeneic, knock-out, knock-in, xenografts, orthotrop)
As a research-based pharmaceutical company, Bayer Healthcare Pharmaceuticals is aware of the ethical issues inherent to research with animal models. All experiments performed at Bayer Healthcare Pharmaceuticals are in accordance with guidelines of the German and European codes for animal experiments. We are collaborating with providers and scientific institutes who are key opinion leaders in their field and employing best practice to establish animal models characterized by minimal burden, high predictability and a high level of feasibility.
Currently we are especially interested in two specific (mice) models:
- the UV-B “sun burn” model for neuropathic and inflammatory pain
- a knock-out/knock-in humanized mouse for type 1 interferons (receptor plus alpha/omega subtypes)
Please use the feedback link provided below for providing information on your mice.
in-licensing/scientific collaborations on additional disease-relevant & predictive animal models for
- ONCOLOGY / GYNECOLOGICAL THERAPIES
- Models of the following indications: gastric, prostate, head & neck, melanoma, colon, bladder, ovarian, triple-negative breast (TNB) cancer, including the aspects of metastasis, e.g. models of brain/bone metastasis due to lung, breast and prostate tumors
- Models refractory to clinically approved therapies (e.g. Tarceva-resistant lung CA, Herceptin-resistant mamma CA, Avastin-resistant/insensitive tumors, Taxane-resistant tumor models)
- Models addressing the topics “tumor metabolism” and “anti-tumor immune responses”
- 3D-in-vitro technologies, Cell/cell & Cell/ECM interactions, “sprouting” or “microenvironment” for tumor growth studies
- Gynecological Indications: uterine fibroids, endometriosis / adenomyosis uteri; dysfunctional uterine bleeding
- Animal models for GT (rat, mouse, primate): uterine fibroids, endometriosis / adenomyosis, human xenografts for uterine fibroids & endometriosis, pain in endometriosis, dysmenorrhea, dysfunctional bleeding
- GT Mechanisms: transgenic & K.O. animals targeting proteins related to proliferative, extra cellular matrix, angiogenic, inflammatory/painful or menorrhagic events in endometriosis or uterine fibroids
- Short-term animal models e.g. innovative imaging techniques for PAOD and ischemic stroke
- Animal models with respect to development state for thrombotic disorders mimicking high risk patients
- Animal models with underlying cause Acute Lung Injury (ALI) / Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS)
- Animal models mirroring sec. pulmonary Hypertension (e.g. PH/COPD)
- Animal models for on-line tracking of Heart Failure development and therapy success
- Animal models mirroring Atrial Fibrillation (AF)
- Animal models of acute and chronic kidney injury, diabetic nephropathy
- Ischemic stroke (prevention) models
- Bleeding models