GlaxoSmithKline is looking for opportunities in Biopharmaceuticals
Collaboration with others in industry, academia, government and non-governmental organisations and healthcare in general is fundamental to GSK's strategic priorities of growing a diversified, global business and delivering more products of value.
Their Worldwide Business Development group is a global team of scientific, transaction, and alliance management experts building diverse collaborations relating to compounds (early stage discovery programs through to marketed products) and technologies. If you prefer to retain the independence to develop alliance compounds through to proof of concept, their Options based collaborative model offers you the flexibility for you to do so. They have an industry leading record in establishing and maintaining collaborations with scientists and organizations in both industry and academia and are experts at building progressive relationships that are strong and mutually beneficial.
Priority areas of science
They are strongly committed to research collaborations with academic groups to advance scientific understanding relevant to their key areas of focus:
- Metabolic pathways
- Infectious diseases
Specific topics of interest currently for academic collaboration are outlined below.
- Novel delivery technologies for therapeutic proteins
- Imaging of pancreatic beta islet cell function in diabetes
- Bioprocessing and manufacturing technology for therapeutic proteins (e.g. dry powder stabilization, high concentration formulation)
- Improving downstream capture steps from microbial/mammalian large scale fermentations
- Microbial protein expression, especially to optimize or engineer bacterial strains for protein secretion
- Platforms other than CHO cells for IgG production
- Methods for modifying the Fc region of antibodies to increase half-life (PK) in vivo